Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The end is near

I have about a week and a half left in Ghana before I head home. I have appreciated this opportunity and have enjoyed my stay here and hope to come back to volunteer and vacation/travel.

I will be going home for Christmas break to recuperate before I head to Botswana. I’ve been to 10 countries in the last six months (including two layovers) and have had a lot of great experiences, but I am definitely ready for a break. And I miss everybody back home!!!

I am very pleased with my personal growth and the education, experiences and values I have gained from living and going to school here and I know that I will greatly benefit from them for the rest of my life.

As I mentioned in my first post, I chose to study abroad to better understand my own cultural values and beliefs, gain-vital knowledge in the classroom and in a foreign working environment, be an ambassador to my community, increase my maturity and self confidence, influence an interest in a career path and change my world view. And I am happy to say that I am accomplishing all of those things.

I am looking forward to the rest of my stay in Ghana as well as continuing to learn about the local culture, even when I return home.

I have four exams next week, so I have begun preparing for those and I am hoping that I do well. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment